Workwear for Women

Discussion area for protective clothing and work clothing.

Workwear for Women

Postby Kate LJ » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:39 pm

Does anyone know if and where you can get workwear for women? Girls cut trees too you know ;)
Kate LJ

Re: Workwear for Women

Postby psmmowers » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:57 am

Kate LJ wrote:Does anyone know if and where you can get workwear for women? Girls cut trees too you know ;)

It's a question that i'm getting asked more and more. We deal with a fair few Ladies, so maybe something we need to look at.
It's our service that sets the standard
psmmowers

Postby Kate LJ » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:25 pm

That's great. Thank you! I'm always on the look-out, so if i beat you to it i'll let you know. In the meanwhile...bought some Scruffs gear from yourselves at the start of the season and so far its done the job and is great value. PSM-Fashion leaders! 8-)
Kate LJ

Postby Compo » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:20 pm

PSM fashion leaders? Not as daft as it sounds. I saw a comely young lady in the centre of town wearing Scruffs gear last week - pushing a buggy!
Not a chain saw or lawnmower in sight. Martin is an icon, a setter of trends. It is good gear though. I use it so it's clearly suitable for the older person too. :lol:
Compo

Postby Mow » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:31 am

I think there is definately a market for clothing for female tree climbers, gardeners etc. Is someone maybe missing a trick by not looking into this area more?
Mow

Postby Mow » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:24 pm

I guess that's a no then.

Mow
Mow

Postby Compo » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Somebody is missing a trick here. I know one female contractor and two who have their own woodland and all of them struggle to get decent gear to wear. It's a safety issue with boots and gloves and a welfare problem with outer clothing for the rough weather. You can't cut trees 'ndoors and with modern equipment even the most delicate of us can handle a chainsaw so the manufacturers ought to think about widening their range of sizes. PSM could take a lead on htis. If they had some back up thatis.
Compo

Return to Clothing