Husqvarna TrioBrake

Discussion area for machinery.

Husqvarna TrioBrake

Postby psmmowers » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:06 am

Husqvarna have introduced the TrioBrake system on some of their chainsaws. This is basically a third brake on the rear handle. Initially it was fitted on the domestic range of saws and has now been fitted on the 346XP. What do you think about the TrioBrake Sytem.
Have a look at the video and let us know your thoughts. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mssusItqf9o
It's our service that sets the standard
psmmowers

Re: Husqvarna TrioBrake

Postby Compo » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:49 pm

Not sure about the trio-brake. Not used it mind.Will the 346 be available without it? It's a nice saw, light, powerful and easy to work. Wouldn't like it to lose its charm.
Compo

Postby psmmowers » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:27 am

Compo wrote:Not sure about the trio-brake. Not used it mind.Will the 346 be available without it? It's a nice saw, light, powerful and easy to work. Wouldn't like it to lose its charm.

The Husky 346 is still available without the TrioBrake System, and i'm sure there will always be the option of either/or. Your right about the 346, it's a great saw.
psmmowers

Postby Compo » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:55 pm

I use a 357. It's as tough as they come, been pinched, trapped, trodden on and tripped over, dropped, dragged and dumped on. It's even been swimming a couple of times but it always fires up and it always gets the job done. I love it but I borrowed a mate's 346 to delimb a trunk and was VERY impressed. The two together (346 & 357) would have it all covered. Are you listening Santa?
Compo

Postby Kate LJ » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:31 pm

Feel sorry for your saw Compo! Santa only listens to good girls and boys.
Kate LJ

Postby Compo » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:34 pm

Do I know you? Or more to the point do you know me? Compo isn't short for competent you know! ;)
Compo

Postby Compo » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:35 pm

Is the triobrake still around? Haven't seen one for a while. Or is it only available at Christmas, like Martin's wallet? (I was joking about the wallet. That's not been seen for years.)
Compo

Postby psmmowers » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:21 am

Is the triobrake still around?

Hello Compo.

Yes, the TrioBrake is still available and with steady sales. I think that it is a product that will take a little getting used to seeing from a public point of view but I think will be seen more and more in the field in the long term.
psmmowers

Return to Machinery