Fisheries

Discussion area for machinery.

Fisheries

Postby Compo » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:11 pm

We do a fair amount of work in semi-natural woodland and around waterways. This means that access (and number of personnel) is limited and that the majority of tasks have to be done manually e.g., moving brash to another location before chipping/shredding. Short of using pony power are there any machines that would be suitable for use in confined spaces? Anything we use has to be easily transported and adaptable. I've looked into two-wheeled tractors and seen some promotional material for a general purpose machine called an Envirostar. Any recommendations?
Compo

Re: Fisheries

Postby Mow » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:45 am

Hi Compo.
There are a number of vaious tracked machines and barrows that may be of use. The mucktruck or battery wheel barrow can be usefull be are small so carrying capacity is limited. Maybe a log trailer or something along those lines maybe useful.
Mow

Postby Compo » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:40 pm

Talking of fisheries, why is it that everyone I talk to in the tree trade seems to be an angler? Is it a love of the great outdoors? Perhaps PSM could set up a fishing club Might generate more activity on the forum too!
Compo

Postby psmmowers » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:09 pm

Talking of fisheries, why is it that everyone I talk to in the tree trade seems to be an angler? Is it a love of the great outdoors? Perhaps PSM could set up a fishing club Might generate more activity on the forum too!

Some say that i know nothing about mowers & chainsaws Moon , I know even less about fishing :lol:
It's our service that sets the standard
psmmowers

Postby Compo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:01 pm

I'm sure that you would be an excellent angler. It's basically just sitting around staring into space all day. Bit like your day job :geek:
Compo

Return to Machinery